WHO WE ARE...
The Community Empowerment Center (CEC) is known as “a small operation with a large capacity to effect
positive change in the lives of individuals, their families and community.”
Our Mission and sole motivation is to “elevate, equip and empower by providing education, information, and support.” All programs and services are tailored so that participants receive the with the necessary tools, support and resources needed for continued and lasting success.
Since our inception in 2000, we have provided:
- Parenting classes to at-risk families struggling with substance abuse, domestic violence and neglect.
- Economic empowerment and job-readiness training for individuals receiving Work First Family Assistance (WFFA) program.
- Computers in the homes of rural, disadvantaged children lacking school preparedness to utilize personalized software to increase cognitive development.
- One-on-one programs for developmentally delayed children to increase comprehension and retention.
- Outreach and supportive services to individuals and families affected and infected by HIV/AIDS.